- Aged cheeses, sour cream, and certain other milk products.
- Fresh yeast, sourdough, and other yeasty breads.
- Fermented foods, including pickles, soy sauce, and miso.
- Some legumes, especially dried beans, lentils, and soy products.
- Nuts, seeds, and peanuts butter.
- Chocolate and cocoa.
- Organ meats and meats that are salted, dried, cured, smoked, or contain nitrites.
- Sardines, anchovies, and pickled herring.
- Many fruits, including avocados, bananas, citrus fruits, figs, grapes, papayas, passion fruits, plantains, pineapples, raspberries, red plums, and raisins.
- Alcohol especially red wine.
- Chickens livers.
- Seasonings and flavor enhancers, especially artificial sweeteners, ginger and molasses.
- Sulfites used as preservatives in wine and dried fruits.
- Mono Sodium Glutamate (MSG).
Friday, 17 February 2012
THE FOOD - MIGRAINE LINK
Many food, additives, and other dietary components can cause migraines, but the triggers vary greatly from one person to another. The following list covers the more common ones.