1. Choose learner cuts of meat and remove fat whenever possible.
2. Downsize meat portions. Choose low-fat cheeses.
3. Cook with olive or vegetable oil instead of butter or margarine.
5. Try adding a slice of avocado instead of cheese to a sandwich.
6. Enjoy a baked potato instead of fries, and use low-fat yogurt instead of sour cream.
7. Switch to a lower-fat milk.
8. Substitute buttermilk instead of mayonnaise in salad dressings, or instead of butter in mashed potatoes.
9. Add more beans and vegetables to casseroles and chili - use less meat or veggie ground round.
10. Enjoy fruit served with frozen sherbet or low-fat frozen yogurt instead of ice cream for dessert.