Friday 9 November 2012

Strawberry Mousse Ice-Cream

Strawberry Mousse Ice-Cream

Every now and then, I would try to sneak in some "me" time - a time for me to spend alone doing the things I love, like kicking up on my comfy couch, reading a good book. You know what's even better than that? Desserts of course!

I love strawberry-ish desserts, so when I saw this recipe, I just have to try it. I have never made mousse in my entire life and this recipe is easy and great for a first-timer like me. It turned out pretty good! The texture is smooth and yogurt-like, even my 2-year-old daughter likes it. Best of all, no cooking is required in this recipe! 

Strawberry mousse ice cream ingredients

Ingredient A
1 1/2 teaspoon agar-agar powder, mixed with 2 tablespoons of hot water
80 g white cooking chocolate, melted
150 ml evaporated milk
300 g NESTLÉ Vanilla Ice-cream 

Ingredient B
250 g strawberries
50 g strawberry jam 

Step 1
  1. Place Ingredient A in a blender and blend until smooth.

Step 2
  1. Add Ingredient B and continue blending for 2 minutes.

Step 3
  1. Pour the mousse mixture into stemmed glasses or cups. Chill in the fridge for a few hours until set.
Step 4 of making Strawberry Mousse Ice Cream
Garnish with a few slices of strawberries. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment